Thursday, January 1, 2009

Expanding The Blog

I am going to expand my blog to include everything I think about everyday. Now many of you may think, "whoa, that's not possible!" But, I assure you that I am not thinking all that much. For example, What does a guy have to do around here to get some peanut butter!

How do normal people eat wheat bread? It is so dry with a capital "D". Do you have to dip it in warm water first to eat it? It's just a thought.

Why does a McDonald's chocolate shake and then a coke have such a negative reaction? Kinda like Mentos and Diet Coke only in your stomach.

I have exhausted all my thoughts on taco eating and messyness and I think the way to eat a taco without getting it all over you like Grandma did. Just cover it completely with the wax paper that they come in and roll it up like a cigar which will pretty much smash the crap out of it then tear the end of the paper off and push it up like one of those kids pushup popsicles. Just be sure to fold the other end so nothing goes out the wrong way.

To get a dog to stop jumping up on you all you have to do is lift your knees like you are marching and the dog will worry about hitting them and stay back. It only takes once. Also another way is to, jab just behind his front leg into his rib everytime he does it and after a while it will get a little sore and he will get the message. The dog is doing what it naturally thinks is a greeting so you have to pay more attention via petting so he will learn there is another way to say, "Hello."

To stop kids from climbing on the roofs of your sheds to slide off in the snow you say, "Wait until you have to buy one of your own." Then walk away as you can't stop those little monkeys from doing it and who cares anyway?

To soften leather gloves that have been wet, all you have to do is spray WD40 on them. Works instantly.

To make pens write after sitting for a long time is to use a lighter to heat the end for just a second and they will write perfectly.

Things you can't have enough of: Garbage cans-people will throw stuff away if it is convenient. Rugs to catch dirt and snow. Get the good ones and clean them at the carwash. It is unbelieveable how much dirt they can hold. Good dish towels and good bath towels and good wash clothes.

Brushing a horse will gentle it down as fast as anything. Get a good dense high quality brush not one of those cheap ones.

If you're looking for a bit to use, put it in your own mouth and feel the difference between real silver, copper and cheap silver. I'm not kidding here.

I think a good topic for a book about the scriptures would be to talk about the people that don't have names. Like the boy who had the fishes when Christ fed the 5,000. etc.

There is an incredible story to be told about the 22nd horse and the monument that stands in Sharon, VT., the birthplace of Joseph Smith. Briefly here and in full later. They were trying to haul this massive granite monolith to the designated spot and they got almost to the top but the mud and wet stopped them. They were using 21 horses to do it. They prayed and in the night the weather turned cold and froze the ground and they added a 22nd horse and they pulled the load up to it's final distination. Never think you're not needed as you might be that 22nd horse.

It's important to learn to enjoy working. Not only at your job but around your house. To always be busy making things better is truely and gift from God. Children need to know that work is essential to our salvation. It was given to Adam in the Garden of Eden when He said, "By the sweat of your brow......"

Teach kids to think before they start and teach them not to thing to long however. Just get it done. If it's wrong you'll know soon enough. If it has to be done over it's not that big of a deal.

Don't be afraid to cut down a tree that you planted if it is not growing like it should

You should trim for beauty and Prune for growth.

Choose your battles wisely. They use up valuable and non-renewable resources. Know when to walk away and when to keep your mouth shut. Ask yourself, "Am I saying this just so I can prove to them I am better or right?" If that's all then don't say it.

4 comments:

njfroerer said...

AMEN!!!that's really all I can say.

Wight Family said...

So you're telling me that I have to keep doing what I'm doing with my tacos? Ah well, it does work pretty well. ;) And the dog answer was incredible, I don't know how you knew!! You are so intuitive, I think I'll come to you for advice more often!!

laters Uncle Dave!

Wight Family said...

Oh PS, Putting a carabiner in the hole in the handle on your fence can keep a dog busy for a while as she tries to figure out how to get that open. I give my dog two days and she'll figure it out again (she figured it out last winter).

Good luck to all you other smart-dog owners.

Butch Tiger said...

Also, If I hold both hands out like I am stopping someone the dog won't jump. That works really good after I have done the other stuff. Re: the Tacos just smash them up and go for it. Grandma was right after all. You don't need to see your taco to eat it. Have a great new year. dc