Friday, January 2, 2009

Preparing for Ice on the roofs

Ice dams are a real problem in that they cause water to backup and flow under shingles and then inside that house damaging the walls and paint. This is a real mess. But don't fret as DavieBoy has invented the answer to this dilema. You take a $20 "hammer chisel" that you buy from Home Depot and attach it to an airhose and compressor. This little tool is easy to use and fun. When applied to ice it just pulverizes it. My little grandkids were using one last year to break up the ice on my driveway. When used on a roof it destroys the ice and does nothing to the underlying shingles. This is fun and easy to use. Just don't fall off the ladder and break a leg. Call me for more testimonials and information.

5 comments:

Wight Family said...

Wow. You are full of great ideas. Keep em coming Dave!

Are your grandchildren out for loan with this chisel to remove ice from others' driveways?? Just wondering... it is already too late as tonight it will snow again.

Butch Tiger said...

It's real fun and makes a great family home evening activity. It actually is quite safe but a little bit noisy however.

Butch Tiger said...

I think I told Jan's twins about it and that they could make some money this winter getting rid of these pesky little problems. I hope they remember.

Wight Family said...

I hope they remember too. They were talking the other night about how much $$$ they made shoveling roofs last winter. I'll see if I can remind them gently and have them come do my driveway and roof for free. I hauled their butts all over Oahu for free...

Butch Tiger said...

Good idea.They need to pay you back. Let them know that there is money to be made right now. dc