Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Help From Those That Have Passed On

I think that our lives are protected somewhat by those that have passed on that have an interest in our lives, i.e. relatives and grandparents. I was driving up the canyon a couple of weeks ago just after a snow storm and the roads were really slick. A school bus with kids drove past me and put on it's warning lights as it was going to slow down and stop to let off some passengers. The bus put on it's lights as it was rounding a turn and following a short distance behind was a large truck and about 15 cars behind him. I had the impression to put on my blinkers and make hand gestures to slow the line down as they would never be able to stop under the conditions because they could not see the bus's blinking lights as it was hidden by the curve.

Nothing happened all was find and everyone went on their way. But, as I continued up the road I had the impression, "You have no idea how much help you (we) receive from the other side." I'm not saying anything like I had averted an accident-nothing like that. What I am saying is that some small thing can change the course of many lives and we won't know until the final "wind up scene" is through.

The lesson for me is to ALWAYS act on an impression-to call someone, to say something, to do something. I hope I never hesitate as the consequences could be enormous both for good or bad.

1 comment:

Wight Family said...

Dave, honestly you probably did avert a terrible accident, but because you DID act on that impression, we'll have to ask about that later in the hereafter!

Amazing what those little impressions can mean in your life and others. You are right, we should not ever ever ignore or belittle those impressions...

speaking of, I need to call your Kelli. She's been on my mind a LOT.