Sunday, March 15, 2009

GRANDMA SETS ME UP...........


So, I am walking Grandma through Albertsons to grocery shop and since she is pretty much blind I have to tell her what items we're passing. As we walk down the aisle we meet a 20 year old gal doing inventory for the store. I say, hi and pass by. She is going the same direction but opposite direction in the row so we pass her again. I say, We met your twin. She responds and we keep going making some goofy comment each time-like "you should get paid for two" or "you look just like a girl we met earlier." Anyway, we come to the end of the store and remember, Grandma hasn't said anything so far. We meet the girl again and Irene stops and say, "Hi, I just love your sweater it is so pretty. You're a real cute gal. He could have a lot of fun with you" smiling from ear to ear. The girl looks at me and for once in my life I don't have a thing to say but under my breath I announce, "Grandma, what the hell are you saying?" The girl is just standing there with her pen and clipboard with the goofyest look on her face. The only thing I can think to do is Flash open my coat and run out of the store. I think that would work but I'd have to come back to get Grandma and the police would be here. I just walk away. There was nothing to say.

3 comments:

K.Booth said...

That is sooooo grandma!!!

Wight Family said...

She got you man!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Oh Dave, that is so funny! I love these stories you post.