Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FAmily FUn FactS 5-David (Hunter)'s little trip


Son David Hunter, my son, was supposed to be staying over at his friends house for the weekend and Linda sees a father of one of the kids at the store and he says, "That was some adventure that the boys took wasn't it?"
"Adventure" She says, "David was staying overnight working on a school project" The guy just sorta fads back into the crowd and Linda is trying to get in touch with David and find out where he went. As it turns out he and his friends went to the 311 concert in Boise, Idaho. They locked their keys in the car, ran out of money, had to talk some motel clerk into letting them stay over night. It was the biggest nightmare on record. Linda still didn't believe the guy until she saw a credit card receipt from Idaho. To make a very long and funny story short it all came out and when Jamie and Kelli had David reherse it to me in the living room it was all I could do to not laugh out loud as it was such a mess and the more I started to laugh the more Kelli and Jamie got mad. They were so mad that they started yelling at me also. To this day they think I should have done something to David to "make him pay" and remember how stupid it was to run off. I don't do it justice at all here but it was the funniest thing ever. Ask Kelli or Jamie how it was

3 comments:

Wight Family said...

I agree with the girls Davie. Little David should have been punished... though I'm sure he might have felt some extreme humiliation along the trip though.

311- pretty dang good music back in the day.

K.Booth said...

Middle Child syndrome is REAL!!! The middle child always gets the short end of the stick. They are tortured by older siblings and get no redemption in the punishment of younger siblings. If it was ME who lied, and was three hundred miles from where I said I would be I would've gotten in trouble.........when it is little boo boo he gets knuckles and good 'ol boy pat on the back.

Butch Tiger said...

Now that I think of it, I'm a middle child. Now I understand why things worked out the way they did as I was in the middle all the time and I still am. This Dark Horse, "Middle Child" Dave. have fun.