Tuesday, February 24, 2009

GETTING A URINE SAMPLE


So Jamie is having a birthday party for one of her kids at the McDonalds in North Ogden and has grandma and grandpa there to celebrate with them. She is standing in line at the counter ordering when out of the blue, grandma pushes her way to the front, (she is kinda blind) and says to the gal, "Can I have a big empty drink cup? I'm not going to put anything in it, I'm going to urinate in it. The ones they give you at the doctor's office are too small and I get it all over my hands (she had a docs appmt the next day and wanted to get ready) The counter girl handed her a large cup. Jamie all the while is standing there with her mouth open and saying, "Grandma, what the he... are you saying?" Totally shocked and red-faced. So funny. Well the next day I took her to the docs appmt and sure enough she put the "big gulp" in that little passage way and closed it. Can you imagine the look on that nurse's face when she opened up the other side a there is a giant McDonald's cup full of urine? Very dang funny.

5 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Love it! I will have to try handing a few of those cups to my patients. You know, see if they are impressed or not. Good job, grandma. I am glad Jamie was there to share in that moment!

Wight Family said...

I had to take our daughter to the doc for a visit yesterday and they wanted a urine sample. I should have read this before we left... they gave her a huge cup, BUT maybe it would have helped to have a McDonald's cup instead... I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Rip Curl Mom said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants! Poor Jamie!

ross Walker said...

Come one... like we all haven't done that at least once.

K.Booth said...

That story gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "super size me!"