Friday, February 6, 2009

25 more things from my CPA Brother Steven

Here's my Brother Steve's 25 questions. I ask you, Which of us needs medication?

1. When I was a kid I burned up a big pile of hay in the back yard and tried to put it out using a salt shaker to carry water back and forth from the house.
2. My Dad, speaking of a particular son-in-law said " It's OK to play cowboys and indians but you had better damn well work in between" .
3. When I was a kid I used to put my mouth up to the radio speaker and yell into the radio "shut up!" Lately I'm catching myself doing it again.
4. I'm an adrenalin junkie accountant.
5. I should have heeded the warning signs.
6. Can I ask you a rhetorical question?
7. My favorite movie line is "dyin' ain't much of a livin'" Outlaw Josie Wales.
8. The scripture says "As arrows are in the hand of the mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them." But there were days that I wanted to shot one of those arrows over the hill.
9. I'm humbled by the respect you are going to give me.
10. If you are willing to wear warm-up pants with a golf shirt to the mall, you must think that you've got the world by the tail. Don't forget your Gilligan hat!
11. Pat went on a trip for 10 days while I stayed home with Barkley. He and I got along great until on the eighth day when I needed a drink of water at the same time Barkley thought he needed one too.
12. You can win any argument guaranteed with this final remark, " Oh yeah, well you have poop in your pants!"
13. When I look at Spencer, Lisa, Danny, Mike and Mitch I see my kids in their faces.
14. If you were a heterosexual guy and you dressed up in some nice looking womens clothes and wig say, and you went to the store just to be funny, Don't try to call the cops if someone pulls off your wig and steals your purse because who are you going to blame?
15. The fastest I even dare drive is 30 mph if I want to spit out the window.
16. Ever since I've been on Coumadin, which they say is rat poison, I have not seen even one rat come around. I think they sense how dangerous I am.
17. I went to the Jazz game the other night. It's sure different being there than it is on TV. The players are way bigger than what they look like on TV. Except when I saw John Stockton. He was way skinny and is wearing glasses now and needed a hair cut. I thought it was pretty tacky to still be wearing his jersey.Also he's way cheap because he was sitting in the upper bowl. Hey John, Jerry's not going to call you down from the upper bowl to check in!. Forget it, You're done.
18. One winter I wore my sister Janet's really cool saddle oxford shoes to 4th grade.(Janet was in high school so the shoes were a" little" big for me). The sole of one shoe was all unstiched and flapped when I walked. It was a pain but I thought I looked cool in the shoes anyway. At recess I went to slide down the slippery sidewalk hill and the shoe made me fall back on my head and I was knocked out cold.
19. I can't make excuses for you.
20. After I turn 60, maybe sooner, I will not offer you any food from my plate.
21. Always carry a coin in your pocket because you never know when you'll have to "flip for it".
22.I had a dream that I was listening to General Conference and I woke up and I was. Actually I guess it's a recurring dream.
23. Can you believe all the drama? No one is going to escape it.
24. Hey!! Are you guys freakin' NUTS?? I'm in TAX SEASON and you've got me writing 25 things that don't tell you 25% of who I am or what I'm all about or how I roll or what makes me tick or if I secretly hoped Obama would lose. Who am I going to bill for this? You? or you? How about Big-Foot Man? I don't have time for this. I'm done! I didn't sign up for this crap.

1 comment:

Wight Family said...

Dave, your brother only wrote 24 things... But that last one I guess counts, cause I'm already having to pay to get my taxes done this year, and I don't want ANOTHER bill... ugh