Thursday, February 12, 2009

ANOTHER TELEMARKETING EXPERIENCE


So, I'm in the car watching two of kelli's kids while they sleep and while she runs into the scouting office in south Ogden when this call comes in from a collector. He wants to know when I am going to pay some bill that I have never heard about in my whole life and he starts in as soon as I answer. As he keeps going I can tell his is from New Jersey-a real dink. Well I start talking back to him in my "Chinese man on cocain" voice. My voice gets louder and higher as I talk like this, "How you get maw numbaw? What you call me? How you talk to me like some A.. Ho..? You some kind of Jack A..?" "I wip yo howrt out and eat it. I eat it all. I pull off yo ahm and beat yo wit it." "Yo dumb bawhsard." Well I don't know where the accent came from, maybe some ancestor that is Chinese was helping me but it was incredible. The kids started to wake up as I was swearing and talking so loud in this funny Chinese voice. The guy got this phrase out as that's all I would let him say as I was doing all the yelling, "Are you drunk Mr. Carver? Did you get hit on the head?" Then I heard him say to someone in the background, "This F'n guy's nutty."

I could hardly keep in my "Chinese Man on Cocain" voice going as I was laughing so hard. I would love to let you hear it but I would have to get special clearance from the Stake President to do as I used every swear word and knew and some I hadn't learned yet. Needless to say, he hung up and I never heard from him again.

5 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

Next time I get an unwanted call, I am calling you over here Dave!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Dave you are so funny! I would never be able to do that....I'm too chicken. I love that you can though! I would love to be with you the next time that happens!!

Kirk said...

I think i just woke my kids up laughing too loud. Dang you Dave.

bskeith said...

Hey Big D, I just wanted to be the first to wish you a HAPPY BIRD-DAY this week. I'm your biggest fan, in fact I've been asked to be the president of the Dave Carver Fan Club, and I am seriously considering it. Nice job in the Choir on Sunday-I thought maybe you were just up there to give the prayer.

Wight Family said...

Wow! I'm taking notes... I get calls for OTHER people all the time, it may be funner to use a "chinese man on cocaine" voice rather than just ask them to leave a message cause I've never met Jose Martinez... like ever.