Monday, February 9, 2009

THE DAY I TOLD A TELEMARKETER OFF

So, I am taking care of my dad prior to his death and am staying at his house. I check the phone ID for any calls I may have missed and I see a number that is obviously a telemarketer. I have found that if I let them know that I am on a Do Not Call list (DNC) after a while I don't get anymore calls. He was getting about 10 a day and after about 2 weeks almost none. So I call this number back and a nice older lady answers and I proceed to go into my story that I have this 91 year-old father and about how sick and tired we are getting all these telemarketing calls and that I'm on a DNC list and that I can sue her company and by hell I better not receive another call from her again. As I am launching off and my voice is getting louder and louder and higher and higher she tries to butt in but I don't let her and after I'm hitting my highest note and screaming the loudest I say, "Let me make myself clear, Do not call here anymore," I hear this voice say meakly, "OK." and I hang up. Well I look at the number I just called and I notice that I dialed 801 instead of the actual number of 800, blah, blah, blah. So I had just called some lady like my 91 year-old mother-in-law and really gave her a dressing down. Well one thing is for sure. I've never gotten a call from her since. Copy and paste this link to see who I was talking to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22uYDgZXoJQ

3 comments:

Wight Family said...

Dave, I see you in a whole other light this morning.

Vicki

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Did that really happen? I am laughing out loud right now!

Butch Tiger said...

absolutely, that happened just like that. Poor lady, It's like callilng Linda's mom who is 91 and yelling at her. Very dang funny.