Sunday, April 5, 2009

LINDA"S Lost Little Brother.......

When we were moving back from California Linda's mother, Irene came down to help. Linda drove the car and Irene held Jamie who was very small and I drove the U-Haul truck. It was extrememly hot going into Baker, California and everyone was roasting. I was about an hour ahead of them.
Linda was getting sleepy and Irene was holding the bady and started talking about how beautiful and precious little children are and how difficult it would be to put one up for adoption. Then she bent over and put her head in her hands and said, "I know somebody who gave up a little child," Then she paused for a long time and continued, "and her name was Irene" and put her head back in her hands and just held that position. Oh, my gosh! Linda started to cry thinking she had a little brother somewhere in the world that had been given up and this was a true confession.

The longest time went by until Irene raised her head and said, "I can't remember her last name though. I think it was Bells or Bills or something." Well, needless to say Linda was going to bonk her for making her think she had a brother but it was so hot Irene just was thinking of the lady's name and Linda was wide awake.


When We got home and settled, Linda told the story to her sister, Nancy, the same way it was told her by Irene and Nancy started to cry. It was so dang funny. We still laugh at this great family story.

2 comments:

Wight Family said...

I'll be more careful when driving through California. That sounds treacherous!

K.Booth said...

I always had a feeling that I was missing a long,lost uncle. Uncle Balls or was it Bells???