Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pinky Finger Tray Experiment

I experimented with the Pinky Finger Tray (PFT) twice in the last two days and both times it turned out exactly like I predicted-no tarter sauce on my black shirt or my black pants. I risked it all wearing black but I wanted a good experiment. There was an added incident that happened however. As I was driving and eating my fishwich with my PFT a guy in the car next to me was trying to get my attention but I couldn't understand him. I kept shrugging my shoulders and mouthing the words, "What are you saying? I don't understand you." So I rolled my window down and he rolled his and he yelled, "Smart ass." I took that as a compiment as it was better than, "Dumb ass. " Anyway. It worked like a charm and I recommend it for people on the go or for a "man in motion" like myself.

Now Vicki wanted me to invent a method of eating a taco that isn't messy. Well I took Grandma, who is blind and mostly deaf to get a taco. She had an interesting method of eating them. She just tore it apart and picked whatever she could up with her fingers and dipped it in my salsa that I was using to eat my chips. I said, "Excuse me, but is my salsa getting on your taco?" She said, "No, it's taco sauce." Anyway, Vicki I have some work to do on this one as it's going to be a "bitch" to solve. I don't think grandma's method would work using only one hand and I think you have to be able to "see" to eat those things. More to follow. dc

5 comments:

K.Booth said...

Grandma's taco story you need to add to your other blog (the people seasoned w/ time blog). That would be funny. The guy in the car was just jealous that he didn't have a personal P.F.T. I bet his wife asked for one for christmas and he couldn't find one, that's why he was so grumpy.

Tiffanie said...

Awesome story about Grandma. Makes me wish I had a blind/deaf grandma....WAIT...I do! My grandma thought that a gadget on my baby pump was a piece of cheddar cheese and asked me to pass it over so she could eat it. Can't beat that!

Butch Tiger said...

When Grandma stayed with us to help Linda when David was born she put the lens cover for my binoculars on the mustard jar as she thought it was the lid. Let's see, yellow jar, black lid. I guess that would work for some people. I said to Linda, "What the hel... is that doing here." She said, "Not to worry, the other one is holding her false teeth." LOL dc

Butch Tiger said...

Aunt Siby who was 94 walked past our old oven that had a small chip taken out of the white enamel and took her finger and pushed it right against the chip and said proudly, "There, you little bastard, you won't be flying around this kitchen any more." LOL dc

Wight Family said...

I can't wait for the Personal Taco something or whatever. I am getting tired of running to the store to apply tide stick to my shirts!

Kelli's right, that guy was just jealous.