Sunday, November 23, 2008

Email conversation between dog handler (me) and dog trainer (Jamee Wheelwright)



carverdavidl@aol.com wrote:
Jamee, Sorry I had to run prior to attaching the pic of the dog we call affectionately as "brown dog." The three year old named her. The photos were taken November 2nd and she has grown half again this big. dc

-----Original Message-----From: Jamee at Wag-N-Train <wag_n_train@yahoo.com>
To: carverdavidl@aol.comSent: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 8:20 amSubject: Re: OHS 20 yr Class of '68 Photos
Oh....she IS a beauty!! Now let's see...Brown Dog...such a blase' name for such a beautiful girl...In French...brown down would be...chien marronIn Spanish...perro marrónIn German...brauner Hund (eeewww)In Portugese...cão marromIn Russian....коричневая собака (ROTFLMAO) Yeah...try calling out THAT name to get her to come to you!!!I vote for the French version Chien...or a shortened version or Marron - Mara...or gee...just Roxy...as the picture caption says.This from a girl who named her cat Yikes! (including the excclamation point) *sigh*Have fun

Jamee

carverdavidl@aol.com wrote:
I am laughing my head off at you naming your cat, Yikes! That's dang funny. Those are great international names. Thank you for those suggestions. I guess "Brown Dog" is a little blah. How do you say that French one? Chow mein? Isn't that sorta oriental-like Chinese or Japanese? Wouldn’t that make the dog mean as she would be having to fight all the other dogs who were laughing at a dog whose name is a Japanese dinner? Also, wouldn’t that confuse her as she might be thinking you are saying what’s for dinner or something? Like every time she hears her name called she might think, “Oh, not again! We just had it and I don’t like it.” How do you know all those languages anyway? Is it because you haven't had electricity for a while and so you learned them instead of watching "American Idol" or "You say you can dance?"
I think you would pronounce the French name "Shee-en" I guess. What do I know? I took French at Washington Jr. High, but the only French sentence I can remember is "Where is the library?" I guess if I was lost in France (or parts of Canada), if I could get to a library, I could find out all I needed to know to get un-lost.I got the names by going to a free online translation site and typing in "brown dog". I use that sometimes to come up with names of the rescue dogs. After so many years, it gets hard coming up with something original. You can only name so many dogs Buster or Lady.Chow Mein would work, too. (LOL)Hey...even without electricity we watched TV. We had a 12-volt TV and a couple of car batteries hooked up to the generator. But you could only watch for so long before the battery went dead. And it had to be black and white. Color just drained it too dang fast. And if the battery went dead, then we'd have to fire up the generator to recharge the batteries. Oh, the things we did.....I LOVE my power!!!

4 comments:

K.Booth said...

hilarious!!

Wight Family said...

That was fantastic!!

Hey is your dog trainer lady from Park City?

My chubby hubby helped do a power system for a lady in PC that he mentioned is a dog trainer.

I think he should take Blue with him next time he goes... but I'm the only one she doesn't listen to.

ah well.

~Vicki

PS can I link you on my blog, so I can find you easier??

Butch Tiger said...

They live in central Utah somewhere. Very funny. Train rescue dogs.

Butch Tiger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.