Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Day I almost died by dave carver-recently

So the other day I'm driving around the dam heading to town and I see a white thing that looks like an iceberg just off the wind surfer's point. I say to myself, "What the hell is that?" I want to get a closer look so I turn off the road to check it out. As soon as I start to turn I see a car in front of me and there are a lot of cars behind me. So I think to myself, "What would Michelle Christy do in this situation?" She would act like she was in a movie and just keep going and pull off the road going 50 miles an hour. That's great for Michelle, but for me, I think, I'll play like I do this all the time and just go flying off the road like some dumb ass. When the dust and rocks settle I play like I'm looking at what turns out to be 40 Pelicans in a mass just sitting there waiting for me to crash through the guard rail and fly down the embankment and settle into a watery grave. Lucky for me there wasn't anyone that I knew when I pulled my little stunt. Michelle doesn't have to worry about competition from me.

9 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

Dave you make me laugh so hard! I laughed so hard I almost cried. Where do you come up with this stuff?!

Butch Tiger said...

It is real! This stuff really happens just like I said. I don't know where that damn car came from. It must have been going 90 mph and came around the corner. It was right be the sign that has the deer with the red reflector on it's nose that someone has taken off recently or possibly a deer is wearing it.

Wight Family said...

I personally get nervous about landing in the dam every single time I drive around it. I don't know how you pulled off your stunt Dave, but you're my stunts-driving-by-the-dam hero.

Ferguson Family said...

Dave you missed your calling in life as either a stand up comedian or a stunt driver. You crack me up.

Tiffanie said...

I saw a bunch of birds laughing the other day and didn't know what it was all about. Now I know. Don't take it personally.

Wight Family said...

By "recently" you are implying that you have had more than one brush with death Dave... do tell. Your stories are worth their weight in Moab gold, that I haven't discovered yet, but will next time I go, somewhere below an aligator figure carved into a wall across a deep cravass. ;)

K.Booth said...

Dad I am glad that you didn't die, you have made Michelle proud by surviving your stunt driving. Maybe you could double for that chinese guy Bruce Lee.

Butch Tiger said...

Yes, I could double for him. I would lie in a casket really quiet with my arms folded over my chest and not breathe while they take the shot. I wonder how much I could make for doing something risky like that. Some guy could jump out of the crowd and give me a judo chop or try to shoot me but I would chance it. Thanks. By the way, I'm going to call that area on the hwy as Laughing Pelican Point. Cool, huh?

Tiffanie said...

Laughing Pelican Point...I like it. Maybe we should make some sort of sign and post it so everyone will know and call it by the appropriate name. We could put our names on the bottom so we become famous!